Want to learn how to grow or manage your fitness business better but can’t seem to find the extra time or money? Podcasts are a great way to learn on the go, and they provide valuable information and advice for free! To start listening to fitness business podcasts, simply download a podcast app on your phone like Apple Podcasts for iPhones or Google Podcasts for Androids and check out our suggested shows below to get started!
We’ve compiled the ultimate list of fitness business podcasts for fit biz entrepreneurs, coaches and trainers focused on owning and running a gym or studio, or a remote or personal training program below for you. The shows on this list cover the full spectrum of fitness industry related topics such as retention, increasing revenue, the latest in software, interviews with important industry voices, and more. Happy listening!
Triib’s Top Picks:
Before we kick off the ultimate list of fitness business podcasts (which is quite long!) check out Triib staff top picks to help you get started.
1. Increase Your Impact – “Super short and easy to digest information, forces you to see the positivity even on the darkest of days.” -Ian S.
2. Barbell Business – “They’re fairly entertaining and give good insight as to how to run a successful gym, retain members, etc.” -Kieran K.
3. Tribe Method – (humble brag) Our new podcast for gym owners and fitness pros hosted by our very own Head of Marketing, Evan Bartus!
The Ultimate List Of Fitness Business Podcasts:
Below you’ll find a long list of shows geared toward gym owners, coaches, personal trainers, athletes, and entrepreneurs that make up the ultimate list of fitness business podcasts for anyone looking to learn the industry, grow their business, and learn from like-minded fitness professionals. Enjoy!
1. Active Life – The information you need to make the decisions you want regarding health and human performance is in this podcast. Delivered through monologues, call-ins, and inspiring interviews.
2. Barbell Business – A podcast for gym owners by Barbell Shrugged.
3. Best Hour Of Their Day – Hosted by Jason Ackerman, Best Hour of Their Day is a show dedicated to helping the CrossFit community. We cover all aspects of fitness including coaching, training, competing, starting and growing a business, and everything in between. Regular guests include world-class athletes, some of the best coaches in the world, fitness entrepreneurs, industry leaders, and more.
4. Box Talk – A podcast by Box Pro Magazine, the business resource for Affiliates and Coaches. Listen to experts on the essentials of the industry.
5. Brute Strength – Brute Strength brings you the latest in fitness, competing and life.
6. Chasing Excellence – A show dedicated to dissecting what it means to live a life of excellence, both inside the gym & out. On each episode, we’ll deep dive on various aspects of being an athlete & maximizing your potential.
7. The CrossFit Podcast – The official podcast of CrossFit INC. Exploring all things fitness from training and nutrition, to affiliates and communities and the battle against chronic disease.
8. Entrepreneurs ON FIRE – an award winning podcast (Best of iTunes) where John Lee Dumas interviews Entrepreneurs who are truly ON FIRE to help you learn from the best and achieve financial and location freedom.
9. Fit For Thought – a bi-weekly podcast where fitness, technology and entrepreneurship intersect. From wearable devices that are redefining the limits of the human body, to risk-taking entrepreneurs making an impact on the industry, to practical advice on how to optimize your athletic performance, each episode is packed with insights, tools and inspiration.
10. Fit Pro Business – The ultimate guide for marketing your personal training business, Close more sales for your fitness business, and develop business building tips and tricks to grow your personal training business.
11. Fit-C – The Fitness + Technology Podcast is for club owners, operators, and fitness professionals! This show is your #1 trusted resource for the accelerating world of fitness technology. Each week, they bring you an expert interview with a global influencer at the crossroads of fitness and technology. You’ll get the insights, tools, and inspiration you need to stay connected to the pulse of what matters most for your fitness business in the age of exponential technologies.
12. Fitness Bootcamp Inner Circle – News, tips, and business building strategies for personal trainers and fitness boot camp owners. Fitness boot camps, group personal training, and CrossFit are the wave of the future. Learn how to start your own successful boot camp business, and how to thrive from industry experts that have been there and done it. Diversify your fitness business with multiple streams of income. Fitness business strategies, fitness marketing, and group training experts reveal the inside secrets to growing a successful personal training, boot camp, training studio, and fitness information product business.
13. Fitness Business Podcast – A weekly show to help fitness business owners, managers, career individuals and entrepreneurs lead, manage and run their businesses. Each week the show invites leading business experts, coaches, authors and owners from around the world to share their expert advice on a specific topic, make book recommendations and end each show with 3 specific actions listeners can do.
14. FitPro Industry Podcast – Candid conversations with leaders in the health, fitness & wellness industry. Join us each week as we discuss building a PROFITABLE business – what’s working, tools, resources and highlights. Lisa and Lucho Crisalle are the founders of Exercise & Nutrition Works, Inc., and the creators of the Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist™, CEU accredited home study program. They are Business Coaches focused on helping personal trainers, coaches, health practitioners and fitness industry experts Monetize Their Nutrition Knowledge.
15. Froning and Friends – Podcast with 4-Time Fittest Man on Earth Rich Froning.
16. Girls Gone WOD Podcast – What started as a podcast about CrossFit(R) has evolved into a weekly discussion about wellness, mental health, body image, marriage, and community. Join Joy & Claire every Thursday for the best conversations you didn’t know you were missing.
17. Gymright live – The Gymwright LIVE Mission: 1) To increase the longevity and impact of motivated gym owners around the world who are committed to making a positive change in their community. 2) To ensure the leaders of this community are empowered with the information they need to fulfill their mission of building the kind of business that leaves the world better than they found it.
18. Icon Athlete – Conversations with a variety of people in the CrossFit community and beyond. Enjoy a cup of coffee or your drive with some education, inspiration, and entertainment along the way through shared experiences and information to give you the inside scoop.re two completely different things.
19. Increase Your Impact – Each episode is aimed to provide you with insights, principles and strategies to help you lead yourself so that you can lead others at work, home, and in life.
20. LifeChanger Podcast – The podcast for personal trainers and health coaches growing their online business.
21. One More Rep – A show delivering content for athletes of all types. We seek to inspire, entertain, & educate people of any fitness background from CrossFit, Olympic Lifting, Functional Fitness, or Weightlifting. Enjoy interviews, inspirational stories & lessons learned.
Learn everything you need to know to get a podcast up and running.
Check out our beginner’s guide to starting your own gym or fitness podcast!
22. Powderkeg – Startup Stories for High-Growth Business Leaders with Entrepreneurs, Investors, and Top Talent Beyond Silicon Valley. Powder Keg Gives You the Best Business Strategy from SaaS Entrepreneurs, Startup Investors, and Business Experts.
23. Power Athlete Radio – The premiere podcast for strength and conditioning. The show is hosted by Luke Summers and Tex McQuilkin and features Power Athlete CEO John Welbourn. Each week the crew ignites earbuds across the globe with world class coaches, authors, scientists and more.
24. Powerful Personal Trainer – The podcast for personal trainers created by personal trainers. Listen in as Roger Dickerman and Tony Federico explore the world of fitness from the perspectives of both employer and employee. Building clientele, certifications, delivering value, finances, and marketing your personal brand – they cover it all.
25. PT Prophet Podcast – Interviews, insights and inspiration from the world’s most knowledgeable fitness business and life leaders.
26. Pursuing Health With Julie Foucher – Julie Foucher is a four-time CrossFit Games athlete, family medicine resident, and member of the CrossFit Level 1 Seminar Staff. Her passion lies in combining what she has learned through CrossFit and medicine to inspire and empower others to live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Every other Tuesday she highlights influential and inspiring individuals who use lifestyle to support optimal health.
27. Real Chalk – The official Podcast of Chalk Performance Training (Note: This podcast was picked up by Barbell Shrugged and is now part of the Shrugged Collective but old episodes can be viewed here.
28. Scale As Needed – FloElite’s Scale As Needed Podcast: where we care just as much about movies, TV shows, and comic books as we do about weightlifting, The CrossFit Games, and strongman.
29. Seven Figure Box – Strategies and tools for running a better and more profitable affiliate gym. We share our mistakes and lessons learned building CrossFit Palm Beach in Jupiter, FL into a 500+ member box. Whether you want to create a gym with seven figures of annual revenue or just your dream gym that you love showing up to each day, we can help.
30. Shrugged Collective – New episode every Wednesday! Join the Barbell Shrugged crew in conversations about fitness, training, and frequent interviews w/ CrossFit Games athletes!
31. Talking Elite Fitness – CrossFit Games Analysts Sean Woodland and Tommy Marquez, alongside filmmakers Heber Cannon, and Marston Sawyers, bring you all the latest information, updates, and analysis on the sport of fitness, and the CrossFit community.
32. The 321Go Project – From marketing to retention; SEO to building your brand – we cover it all. We’ve talked with over 600 gym owners and, every week, we bring you the best of the best. We talk with industry experts as well as deliver actionable advice you can use today.
33. The 4th Pull – A show about the sport of competitive exercise which dives into weightlifting, endurance sports and pretty much all things fitness.
34. The Business of Fitness – Hosted by Jason Khalipa, the Business of Fitness Podcast gets real about the fitness industry. Along with his guests, Jason will breakdown the good, bad, and the ugly in the business of fitness. Each episode is an AMRAP…literally. Unique in this short format style, Jason and his guests will set clock and you’re off! Topics will cover all aspects of fitness including: coaching, training, competing, starting a business, growing a business, and everywhere in between. If it goes down in the gym, it’s fair game. Regular guests include world class athletes, some of the best coaches in the world, fitness entrepreneurs, industry leaders, and more!
35. The Fitness Entrepreneur Podcast – a podcast aimed at teaching you how to generate more money, impact and freedom with your fitness business. The show covers a wide range of important business topics from Marketing, Sales, Service Delivery, Team Building right through to Personal Productivity and Self-Development. The show is hosted by Phil Graham and often includes guest interviews with some of the world’s most successful fitness entrepreneurs.
36. The Fitness Industry Podcast – The Fitness Industry Podcast, powered by Australian Fitness Network. Touching on everything from client coaching and hypertrophy, to nutrient timing, leadership and business growth, The Fitness Industry Podcast features insightful conversations with global leaders in the fitness industry.
37. The Gym Owners Business Podcast – Created by a Gym Owner For Gym Owners In Collaboration With Global Leaders by Mel Tempest.
38. The Mind Muscle Project – Weekly discussions and interviews on self-improvement, fitness and well being niche topics and exciting and influential minds. Join us on a journey of exercising the muscle inside your head.
39. The Strength Coach Podcast – The Official Podcast to Michael Boyle’s StrengthCoach.com, the World’s Leading Source of Strength & Conditioning Information. Each episode we will speak to Coach Boyle about the latest in Strength & Conditioning, forum hot topics and everything that is happening at StrengthCoach.com- including the latest articles, videos and audio content.
40. Tribe Method – Our show dives into the boutique fitness industry, investigating the stories behind some of the world’s best athletes and fitness business professionals. We explore successful strategies that make great gyms rise above the noise and attract the best and biggest communities.
41. Two Brain Business – A weekly podcast by Chris Cooper & Greg Strauch. Chris is the author of Two-Brain Business, Two-Brain Business 2.0, and Help First. Chris & Greg asks the BIG questions in the fitness industry and draws on 30+ years combine, of coaching experience to get the answers gym owners to need to thrive.
42. Voice For Fitness Professionals Podcast – The Personal Training Fitness Professional’s source for marketing, sales, programming and more profitable business with more successful clients.
43. Wodcast Podcast – If you CrossFit, this is the show for you! The Wodcast Podcast is a fun show about functional fitness hosted by Armen Hammer, Scott McGee, and Eddie Ifft. The hosts are knowledgeable (well except for Eddie), experienced, and love the “sport of fitness.” They blend CrossFit experience and insight with humor, providing meaningful content without taking themselves too seriously. Each week the Wodcast Podcast hosts some of the biggest names in CrossFit including Games athletes, subject matter experts, coaches, and many more. The hosts and guests hit it off so well you would think they are all sitting around having a beer which makes for a highly entertaining podcast whether you WOD or not.
44. WTF Gym Talk – WTF Gym Talk is a no BS resource for owners looking to own an actual business instead of just the gym. The rise of CrossFit gave way to a surge of entrepreneurs who wanted to open their own microgym. However, opening a business and staying in business are two completely different things.
Top 5 Podcasts For Fitness Business Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners:
While the shows on the following list are not fitness business podcasts specifically geared toward gym owners, athletes or coaches, they made our shortlist of top business podcasts that still provide valuable insight and information for anyone who owns or runs a gym, studio or other fitness business.
1. School of Greatness – Lewis Howes is a NYT bestselling author, Lifestyle Entrepreneur, former pro athlete and world record holder in football. The goal of the School of Greatness is to share inspiring stories from the most brilliant business minds, world class athletes and influential celebrities on the planet to help you find out what makes great people great.
2. Small Business War Stories – Small Business War Stories is a weekly 30 minute show recorded in person with small business owners. We discuss different topics and get the triumphs, struggles, and funny stories from our guests’ everyday lives. Hosted by Pablo Fuentes, CEO and Founder of Proven, the leading small business hiring tool.
3. Social Triggers – Smart entrepreneurs who want to use the web to attract leads and make sales must master the fields of psychology and human behavior. And Social Triggers Insider helps them do just that.
4. Startup – A series about what it’s really like to start a business.
5. Foundr – We interview hard to reach entrepreneurs. (Mark Cuban, Tim Ferriss, Sophia Amoruso, Tony Robbins, Barbara Corcoran, Daymond John & many more). Unlike most podcast interview series Nathan Chan literally started from knowing nothing. He was just an average guy working in a 9-5 job he utterly hated. He knew nothing about entrepreneurship, nothing about startups, nothing about marketing, and nothing about online or how to build a business. So from launching Foundr Magazine he’s gone out and spoken to some of the most successful entrepreneurs and founders in the world to find out exactly what it takes to become a successful entrepreneur, so YOU can learn from them.
Know of any great fitness business podcasts to add to the list? Comment below!
Author: Krystle Orlando
Krystle is the Content Marketing Manager at Triib, Inc. and part-time coach at CrossFit Rail Trail in Hudson, MA with a passion for fitness, nutrition, and memes.